Wednesday, April 16, 2014

This Morning

Hello folks!

Thanks for always taking time to check our posts. Today, I wish to try something different. I will be telling a story and I hope I tell it well and you can also find something to learn from it.

So, enjoy!!

This morning...
For a while, I had 2 Laptops at my disposal, White and Black. Black, an Acer, for the heavy work (Corel Draw, the tiny Photoshop I know, PES Master League…) and White serves for the speedy needs of internet, document review and the very important Social Media.

Well, the above was true until about 2 months ago when the Acer fell and broke its screen and just on cue, a month after, the Gateway NV55C’s hard disk crashed on a beautiful afternoon. Meaning in one clean sweep, I lost both White and Black.


So I did that which was logical, I found an engineer to fix Black. Dare, very friendly he is, but his bill wasn’t. So he held on to Black till White found its way also to his Sango work space. Inseparable bah?

There was I, having all the needs in the world for one computer and yet having two at the engineers’.

Just as I was about to get frustrated from running to Yinka’s office every time (Yinka is particularly awesome btw), Dare came up with the awesome idea of putting Black’s hard disk in White. As quickly, Gray was born!

Gray was the solution to a lot of problems, and also the birth of a few. Principal being the compatibility of the video card with the new hard disk, in short, I couldn’t play game on Gray. So I took it back to him for his revered touch, except that this time all he tried didn’t work. But I had seen that he was trying to rerun the drivers. That was yesterday.

I have always claimed to be quite IT savvy and the shame of having to run after an engineer for weeks rushed in like fried plantain into my mouth. The shame pushed me to Google to find the answers myself and guess what? I DID!!!

I found all the drivers I needed and three hours later, I had solved all of Gray’s issues and was playing PES once again after months of starvation.

Morale? Most of the time, the solutions we seek are not as far as we look.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Awesome. Thank God you 'asked Google'. LoL! Nice piece with profound insights.

    ReplyDelete