Monday, March 10, 2014

I NEED A RAISE!

Got a minute?

There's something that has been on my mind for quite some time now. I really need a raise. You see, I work for Mother Nature and she only pays me 168 hours a week. It's low, isn't it? I've asked her for a raise so many times, but she keeps telling me I am just wasting my time asking. How does she expect me to eat, sleep, work, read, write my blog, stay in shape and prepare for the future on a lousy 168 hours a week? I won't go as far as calling her a jerk, but she is definitely the only boss I know that never gives her employees raises.
Enough about her. I do have to say that I have been finding creative ways to cope. Things are actually a little better now than they were a couple years ago. I remember those times growing up when my disposable income from those 168 hours was only about seven hours a week. My bills for school, church, chores and obligations from parents were so huge that time, I barely had any income for anything else.


I do have to say that these days, my bills are much less. The only bills I have to pay now are my work related bills, about 53 hours a week, and my sleep bills, another 50 hours a week. I spend my disposable income very wisely: I spend about four hours reading a book each week, six hours staying in shape, three hours writing, and hmm... That's 116 hours, and that leaves 53 hours. Let's say I spend a full day each week on the essentials; food, groceries, showers and the like, that still leaves 29 hours each week unaccounted for.


Are you telling me that I spend over a full day each week "going out", surfing the web, and "just chilling"? No way! Maybe I don't need a raise. I think what I need to do is figure out what the heck I'm doing with my time now and decide if that's what I should be investing my time in.
Wow, I see what I need to do now. I am going to have certain levels of skills, fitness, friendships, prosperity, happiness and achievement in the future, and all I have to influence that future me is the 168 hours a week I get now. I know I won't be getting a raise and Mother Nature wipes my account each week before replenishing my account so no savings either. I have been spending and will always spend those 168 hours a week doing something; I need to make sure I spend those hours making my future self a much better version of present self. That's a great insight.

Thank you so much for listening. I feel much better now. You have been very, very helpful and I really appreciate your help. I need to get investing now. Have a nice day.

2 comments: